UB Laptop Loan Program
The University at Buffalo has a limited number of laptops for loan to students each semester. All questions about the program can be directed to email@example.com.
Fines & Damages
- UB students will be charged replacement costs for equipment that is 7 days past due or for items that are returned irreparably damaged.
- Replacement fee for laptops will vary depending on model, up to $1200.
- Your laptop loan privileges could be suspended for late returns, missing parts, or non-payment.
- As a courtesy, patrons will be sent a reminder of the due date of loaned equipment via email. Please note that the borrower is responsible for accumulated overdue fines whether or not the overdue notice is received.
- Additional reminders will be sent on the day materials are due.
- At 7 days past the due date, you will be billed a processing fee and replacement costs for a lost item and your Student Account will be blocked. A service indicator/hold will prevent you from registering for classes, receiving grades/diplomas, and other services.
- Repair or replacement costs in the event of loss due to theft, damage, negligence, or misuse may be incurred by the borrower.
- Login to My Account to view all library fines.