UB Laptop Loan Program
The University at Buffalo has a limited number of laptops for loan to students each semester. This collection of laptops will be available on the first day of each semester and they will be due back on the last day of the semester. All questions about the program can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fines & Damages
- UB students will be charged replacement costs for equipment that is 30 days past due or for items that are returned irreparably damaged.
- Replacement fee for laptops will vary depending on model, up to $1200.
- Your laptop loan privileges could be suspended for late returns or non-payment.
- As a courtesy, patrons will be sent a reminder of the due date of loaned equipment via email. Please note that the borrower is responsible for accumulated overdue fines whether or not the overdue notice is received.
- Additional reminders will be sent on the day materials are due, 10 days overdue, and 20 days overdue via email.
- At 30 days past the due date, you will be billed a processing fee and replacement costs for a lost item and your Student Account will be blocked.
- Repair or replacement costs in the event of loss due to theft, damage, negligence or misuse may be incurred by the borrower.
- Login to My Account to view all library fines.