Essays & Articles
From the Iris Yearbooks, Alumni News & the Alumni Bulletin, UB Reporter to the Spectrum student newspaper, a lot has been written about athletics at the University of Buffalo and later the State University of New York at Buffalo over the years.
Although football and basketball recieved most of the attention, hockey, golf, tennis, cross-country, track and wrestling are also represented.
Below is a sampling of essays and articles in the Sports History collection available at the University Archives.
- "History of The Athletic Association." Iris Yearbook, 1899-1900 Academic year.
- "Athletics in the University of Buffalo." Iris Yearbook, 1906-1907 Academic year.
- "Girls' Athletic Association." Iris Yearbook, Volume 14, 1922-1923 Academic year.
- "Of Athletics in the University of Buffalo." Iris Yearbook, 1923-1924 Academic year.
- "Bush League Image, Students' Needs Among Concerns of New "Sports Boss." UB Reporter, September 24, 1970.
- "New 1 - 2 Sports Punch: "2 Wrights," Ed and Irv." UB Reporter, October 10, 1970.
- "WBFO Set to Broadcast All Nine UB Home Ballgames." UB Spectrum, April 10, 1964.
- Ailinger, Jimmy, "Basketball History Review." Alumni News of the University of Buffalo, April 28, 1927.
- Loughlin, Vincent J., "First Authentic History of U. B. on Gridiron." Alumni News of the University of Buffalo, January 27, 1927.
- "Bulls Upset Harvard 6-3." University of Buffalo Alumni Bulletin. October 1, 1958.
- "What's With U/B Football? Where's It Headed?" UB Reporter, October 29, 1970.