Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
Fines are assessed to encourage the prompt return of high-demand library materials. All days and hours are counted for the purpose of determining library overdue fines whether the library is open or closed.
UB Libraries Overdue Fine Schedule
|Reserve Materials (hourly)||$10.00/hour (max. $100)|
|Reserve Materials (1-7 day)||$10.00/day (max. $100)|
|Overdue Recalled Materials||$20.00/day (max. $100)|
|Equipment Loans||$10/day (max. $100)|
- As a courtesy, patrons will be sent an email reminder of the due date for circulating materials 10 days before an item is due.
- Additional email reminders are sent on the day materials are due, 10 days overdue, and 20 days overdue.
- At 30 days past the due date, materials are considered lost.
- Notices of library fines are sent to UB students, faculty and staff via UBIT email accounts.
- Use My Account to view all library fines.
- Questions about fines, fees or renewals? Please email: email@example.com
Paying Overdue Library Fines
Options for paying fines:
- Pay Online through My Account
- Login to My Account
- Select Fine + Fees option
- Fill out required fields (please use Person number)
- Wait for system to respond (DO NOT USE BACK KEY)
- Remember to insert amount of fine to be paid.
- Wait for system to respond, (DO NOT USE BACK KEY).
- Once the transaction is completed, please close out of the browser.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for your account to be credited.
- Pay on UB Marketplace
- Pay by Mail:
- Pay by check or money order
- Payable to University at Buffalo Libraries
- Mail to:
University Libraries Finances Office
University at Buffalo
218 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260