Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, no overdue library materials will accrue fines or be billed as lost until further notice. Exceptions: fines remain in effect for reserve and equipment loans.
UB Libraries overdue fines are assessed to encourage the prompt return of high-demand library materials. All days and hours are counted for the purpose of determining overdue fines whether the library is open or closed.
- As a courtesy, patrons will be sent an email reminder of the due date for circulating materials 10 days before an item is due.
- Additional email reminders are sent on the day materials are due, 10 days overdue, and 20 days overdue.
- At 30 days past the due date, materials are considered lost.
- Notices of library fines are sent to UB students, faculty and staff via UBIT email accounts.
- Use My Account to view all library fines.
- Questions about fines, fees or renewals? Please email: email@example.com
Paying Overdue Library Fines
Options for paying fines:
- Online through My Account
- Login to My Account
- Select Library Overdue Fines option
- Fill out required fields (please use Person number)
- Wait for system to respond (DO NOT USE BACK KEY)
- Remember to insert amount of fine to be paid.
- Wait for system to respond, (DO NOT USE BACK KEY).
- Once the transaction is completed, please close out of the browser.
- Please allow 7-10 business days for your account to be credited.
- Pay by Mail:
- Pay by check or money order
- Payable to University at Buffalo Libraries
- Mail to:
University Libraries Finances Office
University at Buffalo
218 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260