Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
Fines are assessed to encourage the prompt return of library materials. UB students and guest borrowers will be fined for items returned late. All days and hours are counted for the purpose of determining library overdue fines whether the library is open or closed.
UB Libraries Overdue Fine Schedule
There are different overdue fine rates for different categories of materials.
|Interlibrary Loan Materials||$.50/day (max. $10)|
|Regular Loan Materials (7+ days)||$.50/day (max. $10)|
|Reserve Materials (hourly)||$.05/minute; $3/hour (max. $20)|
|Reserve Materials (1-7 day)||$5/day (max. $20)|
|Overdue Recalled Materials (in addition to Regular Loan fines)||$.50/day (max. $10)|
|Multimedia Materials||$1/day (max. $10)|
|Equipment Loans - Silverman||$5/day|
Library Overdue and Fine Notices
- As a courtesy, patrons will be sent a reminder of the due date for circulating materials via email three days before an item is due.
- Additional reminders will be sent one and eight days after the due date via email.
- At 20 days past the due date, you will be billed a fee for a lost item and charged appropriately.
- Library notices are sent to UB students, faculty and staff via UBIT email accounts.
- My Account can be used to view all library fines.
Please note that the borrower is responsible for accumulated overdue fines whether or not the overdue notice is received.
Paying Overdue Library Fines
Options for paying fines are as follows.
- Online through My Account
- Login to My Account
- Select Library Overdue Fines option
- Fill out required fields (please use Person number)
- Please wait for system to respond (DO NOT USE BACK KEY)
- Please remember to insert amount of fine to be paid
- Please wait for system to respond, (DO NOT USE BACK KEY)
- Once the transaction is completed, please close out of the browser
- Please allow one business day for your account to be credited.
- Pay by Telephone:
Payment by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover) is accepted during business hours (M-F, 9am-4pm). Ph: 716-645-5950.
- Pay by Mail:
Payment by check or money order (payable to University at Buffalo) can be mailed to:
University Libraries Finances Office
University at Buffalo
223 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260