Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
Fines are assessed to encourage the prompt return of high-demand library materials. All days and hours are counted for the purpose of determining library overdue fines whether the library is open or closed.
UB Libraries Overdue Fines
At this time, overdue fines will be charged for reserve and equipment loans only.
Library Overdue and Fine Notices
- As a courtesy, patrons will be sent a reminder of the due date for circulating materials via email 10 days before an item is due.
- Additional reminders will be sent on the day materials are due, 10 days overdue, and 20 days overdue via email.
- At 30 days past the due date, materials will be considered lost but will not incur fees or replacement costs.
Lost fees and replacement costs will be reinstated October 1st 2021.
- Library notices are sent to UB students, faculty and staff via UBIT email accounts.
- My Account can be used to view all library fines.
Paying Overdue Library Fines
Options for paying fines are as follows.
- Online through My Account
- Login to My Account
- Select Library Overdue Fines option
- Fill out required fields (please use Person number)
- Please wait for system to respond (DO NOT USE BACK KEY)
- Please remember to insert amount of fine to be paid
- Please wait for system to respond, (DO NOT USE BACK KEY)
- Once the transaction is completed, please close out of the browser
- Please allow 7-10 business days for your account to be credited.
- Pay by Mail:
Payment by check or money order (payable to University at Buffalo) can be mailed to:
University Libraries Finances Office
University at Buffalo
218 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260