Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
- UB and SUNY faculty, staff and students will be charged replacement costs for items that are 30 days past due or for items that are returned irreparably damaged.
- UB Libraries Guest and Courtesy borrowers will be charged replacement costs for items that are 10 days past due or for items that are returned irreparably damaged.
- Replacement charges include a $25 non-refundable fee plus the cost to replace the item.
- Replacement charges for items owned by the UB Libraries will default to $90.00 or the purchase price (regardless of when the item was purchased).
- Replacement charges for materials borrowed from another institution (listed as Buffalo Resource Sharing library on your account) will default to $90 and may be adjusted to reflect the replacement cost invoiced by the lender.
- The University Libraries will not accept replacement copies in lieu of payment for non-returned or damaged materials.
Viewing and Paying Lost/Damaged Materials Fees
Library users may view outstanding charges by using My Account.
Options for paying lost/damaged materials fees are as follows:
- UB faculty, staff, students as well as Courtesy and Guest library users may pay outstanding charges online using My Account. Please allow 7-10 days for accounts to reflect credit.
- SUNY faculty, staff and students who borrowed materials in-person at the University Libraries may pay by check or money order.
- If specifically paying for Lost/Damaged Multimedia equipment, please pay on UB Marketplace
- Pay by Mail:
- Pay by check or money order (payable to the University at Buffalo Libraries).
- Mail to:
University Libraries Finances Office
University at Buffalo
218 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260
If you have payment questions, please contact the University Libraries Finance Office at 716-645-5950 or ULFees@buffalo.edu.