Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
UB Libraries Replacement and Handling Fee Schedule
- A replacement fee will be charged for each non-returned or irreparably damaged library item
- A processing fee of $25 is charged for each non-returned or irreparably damaged library item.
- An overdue fine is charged for each lost or irreparably damaged library item.
Silverman Equipment Loans
- The base fine for Lost Item is $2000 plus a $25 processing fee. Actual fine will be adjusted according to MSRP of the lost item.
- If equipment is not returned within 3 days of the due date, the replacement cost and processing fees will be charged.
Paying Lost/Damaged Materials Fees
Options for paying lost/damaged materials fees are as follows:
- View Fees: Login to My Account. Fees that have been transferred to Student Accounts must be paid through HUB Student Center or at 1Capen.
- Pay by Telephone:
Payment by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover) is accepted during business hours (M-F, 9am-4pm). Ph: 716-645-5950.
- Pay by Mail:
Payment by check or money order (payable to University at Buffalo) can be mailed to:
University Libraries Finances Office
University at Buffalo
223 Capen Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260