Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
UB Libraries Replacement Costs
- UB and SUNY faculty, staff and students will be charged replacement costs for items that are 30 days past due or for items that are returned irreparably damaged
- UB Libraries Guest and Courtesy borrowers will be charged replacement costs for items that are 10 days past due or for items that are returned irreparably damaged
- Replacement charges include a $25 non-refundable fee plus the cost to replace the item
- Replacement charges will default to $90.00 or the purchase price (regardless of when the item was purchased)
- The University Libraries will not accept replacement copies in lieu of payment for non-returned or damaged materials.
Viewing and Paying Lost/Damaged Materials Fees
Library users may view outstanding charges via My Account.
Options for paying lost/damaged materials fees are as follows:
- UB faculty, staff, students as well as Courtesy and Guest library users may pay outstanding charges online via My Account. Please allow 7-10 days for accounts to credit.
- SUNY faculty, staff and students who borrowed materials in-person at the University Libraries may pay via check or money order.
Payments by check or money order (payable to the University at Buffalo) in-person or via mail to:
University Libraries Finances Office
University at Buffalo
221D Lockwood Memorial Library
Buffalo, NY 14260
If paying in-person, contact the University Libraries Finance Office at 716-645-5950 or ULFees@buffalo.edu prior to arrival in order to insure receipt of payment.