Your UB Card serves as your library card. Current UB students, faculty and staff may use their cards to check out books and other materials at any campus library.
Loan Periods have been updated due to COVID-19.
The loan period for all library material designated as circulating can be 30 Days or 16 weeks. The actual loan period varies among libraries and is determined by library ownership (location), material type and the borrower status, i.e., UB student, faculty, staff, or guest.
The general loan period for non-reserve materials follows:
Generally Circulating Materials
- 16 Weeks: all active UB faculty, staff, and students
- 16 Weeks: walk-in borrowers affiliated with a SUNY institution
- 30 Days: University Libraries Courtesy and Guest Borrowers
- 30 Days
- 7 Days for active UB faculty, staff and students only
Reserve Loan Period
- Physical reserve materials are unavailable at this time.